- Because adoption involves a legal contract, adopters must be 18 years of age or older.
- Filling out an adoption application does not guarantee that you will be approved to adopt an animal. Applications are process on a first-come, first-serve basis; the first appropriate match will be chosen.
- Although all members of the family are not required to meet, we strongly encourage that all members of the family do come meet. We ask you visit during our viewing hours; any day after 1 pm. If an animal has an age restriction, we may require the children in the home to meet.
- If you do not own your home, we ask you verify with your landlord to make sure pets are allowed on the property. Certain landlords have different requirements for animals on property.
- We require that you provide us with the name of your veterinary care provider and the name/s of your currently and previously owned animals. We require that any animals currently living in your home have current vaccinations for rabies and distemper, and that both currently and previously owned animals receive regular health care, and we must verify this with your veterinary clinic. Regular vaccinations are important for your animals’ health, and some vaccinations are required by law.
- A staff member will contact you within a few weeks, via phone, to see how you and your new companion animal are getting along, and to listen to your feedback about our adoption process.
- If you do not live in the State of Wisconsin, you are responsible for complying with any interstate commerce laws should you adopt an animal from CRHS.
Portraits by Hilary Running