Humane Education Internship
The Coulee Region Humane Society has an internship opportunity for a creative self-starter seeking a career in education to assist with the development and implementation of a variety of educational programs offered to the Coulee Region and surrounding areas. This internship is an excellent opportunity to gain experience working for a non-profit organization in an assortment of educational tasks.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Speaking with the public, mostly children, about animal welfare issues and CRHS programs during one-on-one or group interactions
- Assist in engaging and managing whole classrooms
- Handling both cats and dogs of all sizes in a classroom setting
- Researching and contributing ideas for outreach and educational program development
- Promote humane education, assisting with fundraising, and special events
- Additional duties may include light data entry, design and execution of arts and craft projects, developing promotional materials for distribution to the public.
- Must enjoy interaction with children of all ages
- Must be comfortable interacting with a wide variety of people and animals on a one-on-one or group situation.
- Able to maintain a professional appearance and exercise sound judgment during all interactions with the public, staff, and volunteers.
- Maintain a valid driver’s license and provide proof of insurance
- Interest in the non-profit sector and animal welfare
- Highly organized, self-motivated, detail orientated, and artistically inclined
- Must be computer literate, including Microsoft Office, Internet research, and social media
- Ability to work independently as well as collaboratively with others
This internship is 15 hours a week. Work days are flexible, but must be communicated with Humane Education Coordinator continuously as schedules are subject to change.
Although this internship is unpaid, we’re happy to work with you to arrange for academic or other credit, as well as a letter of recommendation when you complete your internship. You’ll also have the chance to learn a lot about animal welfare and non-profit organizations as well as the ability to build your resume and work with a small group of fun and friendly non-profiteers while making a big difference in the lives of animals in our community.
Stay tuned for upcoming internship opportunities!
Portraits by Hilary Running