2012 was a good year for many animals at Coulee Region Humane Society.
- For our third year in a row, we placed all adoptable dogs and puppies.
- We completed our first full year of providing spay/neuter services to many shelter cats and then celebrated a 36% increase in the number of cats placed over 2011.
- For the second year in a row, we placed all adoptable small animals.
- Through donor, veterinarian and grantor support, we were able to help many special needs animals, providing clean teeth, mended bones and diagnostic information. This has allowed all of us to expand our concept of what it means to be “adoptable”.
- We provided consultation and classes for over 2,200 dogs, helping solve problems so that dogs could stay in their homes and enriching lives by deepening human-canine understanding.
- Pet therapy teams visited over 58,000 people, brightening lives through the touch of a furry friend.
- Children benefitted from 326 programs teaching safety, kindness, and understanding.
- We held our first off-site adoption event resulting in the adoption of 45 animals in three days.
- Amazing volunteers provided 12,000 hours of service: cleaning, hugging, petting, brushing, mailing, stuffing kongs and tossing toys.
As we celebrate the successes of 2012, we must remember that there is so much more to do. We continue to help abandoned cats like Wilma and Betty, found in the lobby of a building; injured dogs like Addy with broken bones in her foot; lost guinea pigs like Buddy, found wandering down the street, left to fend for himself. We continue to help people who can no longer care for a once-beloved pet. We continue to help the injured owls, ducks and other wild creatures that are brought to our doors. There seems to be no end to help that is needed.
As always, we turn to you. It is members like you who care about animals, who do not want them to suffer, who help us turn tragedy into triumph. Your past support has helped countless animals on their paths to well-being and happiness.
Your membership in CRHS means so much to us, but it means even more to the animals that are served by your generosity. With your support, we can provide what every animal deserves: food, water, warmth and shelter. With your support, we will continue to engender compassion and kindness toward animals and people in our community. In the end, we all benefit from living in a caring community.
Please make your annual membership gift today. You can click on "Donate Now" to make your gift online or send a check. On behalf of the animals who will benefit from your gift, we thank you so much!
Here’s what your donations help us provide:
$35 – Flea treatment for 3 dogs or cats.
$50 – Food for 10 cats, kittens, dogs, or puppies for one week.
$100 – Distemper vaccination and booster for 20 cats.
$250 - Funding for our low-cost dog training program, helping many dogs stay happily in their homes.
$500 – Education for children and adults about safety, kindness and the needs of domestic companion animals.
$1,000 – Bordetella and distemper vaccinations for 110 dogs.
$2,500 – One year’s worth of litter.