Paw Away Hunger at Festival Foods
As announced in late 2007, all three local Festival Food stores located in La Crosse, Onalaska, and Holmen are offering a program called “Paw Away Hunger”. Every dollar raised through this program is donated back to our organization through needed supplies we use every day. The program is very easy for you to support. Here is how the “Paw Away Hunger” program works:
- Visit a local Festival Foods location
- Look for the “Paw Away Hunger” display (the display will be very similar to the “Cart Away Hunger” display they have offered for quite some time to support local food pantries)
- Take a bag from the “Paw Away Hunger” display; there are $5 and $10 bags
- While checking out with your food items, the bag will be included in your total purchase, identified by a unique number; this unique number will track all “Paw Away Hunger” sales
- The bag will be placed back on the display
- Festival Foods will contact us when a minimum amount has been raised; we will then purchase items that we are in need of such as canned cat and dog food, cat litter, baby food, bleach, laundry detergent, and other supplies.
Every purchase really does make a difference; in just 6 months, over $4,000 has been raised as a result of this program! Every dollar has been converted into food and animal supplies to care for the thousands of animals who need us each year!
If you have any questions about how this program works, please contact Heather Hankins or Liz Meil at 781-4014.