- After choosing an animal you would like to adopt, spend time with the animal along with an adoption counselor, to discuss whether the animal’s breed and personality will fit your lifestyle.
- Fill out an adoption application with an adoption counselor (or other staff member). A staff member will contact you within 24 hours with a status update of your application.
- If your application is approved, make an appointment to return to CRHS to complete the adoption process. You should plan for 20 – 30 minutes to complete the adoption paperwork and pay the adoption fee. Remember to bring a collar and leash or a secure carrier for your new companion animal.
- We strive to send home an adoption animal the same day if time permits. If not, you have a 3-day window to pick up the adopted animal.
- You will sign an adoption contract and receive other documents specifying deadlines:
- New companion animal’s first health exam (within the first 14 days)
- Rabies vaccination and licensing up to date (within 30 days of reaching 5 months of age).
- Licensing is required at time of adoption for any animal that has a current rabies vaccination
- Spaying/neutering your new companion animal (within 30 days of reaching 6 months of age).
Portraits by Hilary Running