Welcome to the
Coulee Region Humane Society, Inc.
Coulee Region Humane Society actively promotes the humane treatment of animals and positive human-animal relationships.
How we help...
- For our third year in a row, we placed all adoptable dogs and puppies.
- We completed our first full year of providing spay/neuter services to many shelter cats and celebrated a 36% increase in the number of cats placed over 2011.
- For the second year in a row, we placed all adoptable small animals.
- Through donor, veterinary support, and grants we were able to help many special needs animals, providing clean teeth, mended bones and diagnostic information, allowing all of us to expand our definition of “adoptable”.
- We provided consultation and classes for over 2200 dogs, helping solve problems so that dogs could stay in their homes and enriching lives by deepening human-canine understanding.
- Pet therapy teams visited over 58,000 people, brightening lives with the touch of a furry friend.
- Children benefitted from 326 programs teaching safety, kindness, and understanding.
- We held our first off-site adoption event resulting in the adoption of 45 animals in three days.
- Amazing volunteers provided 12,000 hours of service: cleaning, hugging, petting, brushing, mailing, stuffing kongs and tossing toys.
Thank you for your support. Our communities homeless animals could not make it without you!
We have so many people to thank for their support and care. We'd like to take this opportunity to thank some special organizations who helped us provide for spay/neuter services, veterinary care and pet therapy services in our community:
- ASPCA Subaru - $2,500 for the Share the Love Adoption Event. Dahl Subaru and Coulee Region Humane Society joined the ASPCA® (The American Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals®) and Subaru of America in an effort to find homes for the Coulee Region’s homeless pets.
- ASPCA and FidoPharm - $2,063 to spay and neuter shelter cats.
- The Belisle Fund of the St Croix Valley Foundation - $1,500 for veterinary assessment for special needsanimals.
- Gundersen Lutheran Children’s Miracle Network - $1, 500 for the Coulee Region Humane Society Pet Therapy Program.
- Pedigree Foundation and Petfinder Foundation - $1,000 to provide vet care to dogs with special needs.
- Petfinder Foundation Rescue U - $1,000 to support the volunteers who better the wellbeing of the animals available for adoption.
- Petfinder/Orvis - $1,000 to provide vet care to dogs with special needs.
- Robert and Eleanor Franke Charitable Foundation, Inc. - $5,204 to spay and neuter shelter cats.
- Greater Milwaukee Foundation’s Shapiro Family Fund - $250 for sustaining support of CRHS.
Special thanks to our veterinary community whose generosity makes these services possible.
Memorialize a beloved pet, honor a loved one or recognize and accomplishment with a brick for our decorative walkway while giving help and hope to animals in need.