Animal Control, Protection & rescue
The Coulee Region Humane Society Animal Control, Protection and Rescue department was established in 1975 as a resource for residents of La Crosse County. The department is available to all villages and municipalities within the county, and will provide residents with the following services.
- Stray dog/cat pick up
- Attempt capture of dogs/exotic animals running at large
- Issue compliance orders for violations of county ordinances
- Service box traps for feral cats
- DOA dog/cat pick up
- Issue citations
- Respond to livestock complaints
Emergency coverage is also available 24/7/365 and includes the following services.
- Vicious animal complaints/currently at large
- Wild animals posing human health risks
- Emergency domestic animal cruelty, abuse or neglect complaints
- Domestic animals hit by cars
- Rabies specimens pick up as needed
- Law enforcement assistance with emergency animal-related calls
- Stray animal pick up/ordered impounded by law enforcement
- Exotic animal pick up when ordered impounded by law enforcement
Call 608-781-4014 to reach Animal Control. Humane officers are available 24/7/365.